Did your procedure improve your self esteem?

Discussion in 'Plastic Surgery Discussion' started by balayagebarbie, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Did your procedure improve your self esteem, or lead to a new insecurity?

1. Made me feel better

2. Developed a new insecurity

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. balayagebarbie

balayagebarbie A3 Instamodel

Hi all,

I was having a discussion with my friend after watching some youtube videos, that I figure many of you could relate to. Something I recently came to notice, is that despite all of the products, procedures, and treatments I endure, I am never actually satisfied with how I look. I tend to obsess over one flaw, and once that flaw is resolved, I very quickly discover a new source of dissatisfaction, and develop a moderate fixation on that flaw.

So my question is, does anyone else relate to this? Has anyone else noticed this pattern of perpetual dissatisfaction? In my experience, people will get a surgery or non-invasive procedure done, often motivated by their dissatisfaction or insecurity about that thing, but even once corrected, the insecurity isn't alleviated. The source of the insecurity may shift, but it's never actually reduced.

To give context, I follow Cristina Villegas, and she recently had TOE SURGERY done, to reduce the length of her toes... It was just cosmetic, it wasn't a medically necessary procedure. After following her for years, she seems to develop one insecurity, and then after having it corrected it's as though her insecurity duplicates. She started by getting butt implants at 18, breast augmentation, filler/botox, sculptra, lipo, and now TOE SHORTENING SURGERY. I was watching that video and thinking how insane it must be to risk your ability to walk simply to have cute toes. And then I started thinking about it, and to a lesser degree I see that perpetual dissatisfaction in myself.

Would love to hear what you guys think about this topic, or share your experience xo

• Like Like x 3
  2. miamali

miamali A3 Instamodel

I have definitely improved my self esteem by doing treatments, it gave me a lot of confidence. Having said that I do obsess about every little "defect" and as soon as that is improved, I am onto the next thing! It definitely has been this way for at least the last 5 years.

I agree it can be a slippery slope but for me personally, whatever I did so far is improvement enough so anything extra is just a bonus, this could make these thoughts "better" as it is kind of a hobby rather than something that affects my mood or mental health

#2 miamali, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bodybagbarbie

bodybagbarbie B2 Prom QUEEN

i love the procedures i've had and they allowed me to live my life more comfortably but im still insecure and perpetually dissatisfied. this is very characteristic of surgery addiction and body dysmorphia. but who cares baby im beautiful!!!!!!...and mentally ill <3

• Like Like x 3
  4. balayagebarbie

balayagebarbie A3 Instamodel

Lmao I relate. BPD but make it sexy <3

• Like Like x 1