Does anyone know someone who’s worn sunscreen everyday for 10 years plus

Discussion in 'Skincare Discussion' started by Bananabread, May 24, 2020.

1. Ninaa

Ninaa C1 known member

I think the ppl around me have good skin despite their age since we have no tanning culture, and show only face and hands at most when we go out.

2. SheDoesn'tEvenGoHere

SheDoesn'tEvenGoHere B3 Pretty Bitch

Does anyone know whether blue light from our screens age us? I've tried researching it but I've only been able to find conflicting answers. With long distance schooling for COVID, I'm worried that my screen is harming my skin.

3. Chloé

Chloé A2 Top Model

As far as I know it is not totally proven, but very likely that the light from our screen makes us age faster. I once read an article that even recommended using SPF when sitting in front of a computer as protection lol. However spending time in front of our screens also means you aren‘t getting any sunlight, exercise or fresh air which in the long term (like several years) will make you look more tired and therefore worse. As an example just look at your average gamer lmao. After all, we need to spend at least some time every day outside to look and feel our best!

• Like Like x 1
  4. pocahontas13

pocahontas13 C1 known member

This is actually a condition that is pretty rare and is indeed caused by sun exposure. Still, is a condition and it depends on many internal factors besides sun exposure with no sunscreen.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMicm1104059?viewType=Print&viewClass=Print

5. brontë

brontë B3 Pretty Bitch

celebs also get loads of skin treatments too.. i dont think sunscreen alone does this lol

6. brontë

brontë B3 Pretty Bitch

top LOL thank you for this post

7. brontë

brontë B3 Pretty Bitch

Sunscreen does not prevent aging. If one does not use it however, it makes their skin more vulnerable to damage, but so does some other things lile. Even cold weather is bad for skin, but using cream during cold temperatures isn't much sought after is it?
    Not wearing sunscreen doesn't make you age faster, it makes your skin more vulnerable and susceptible to damage. Other situations such as cold weather also damage skin or even sleeping in a bad position (for your face) . All these more or less cause damage. I'm not sure why the other factors I mentioned are not as mentioned as sunscreen.. they affect your skin just as much. Think of your face along with the muscles and skin as a piece of flesh.. it really depends on how great your bone structure and musculature is underneathe. Those determine how well or badly you age. Skin goes only as far as wrinkles, discoloration, and acne.

• Like Like x 4
  8. balayagebarbie

balayagebarbie A3 Instamodel

I came across this video on tiktok and had to share! So obviously these women are identical twins. The video doesn't specify when she started using sunscreen daily, but damn I think the difference speaks for itself!

IMG_8463.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. balayagebarbie

balayagebarbie A3 Instamodel

So true. The reason why cold weather is bad for skin is because it can cause INFLAMMATION! Inflammation does increase the rapidity of aging in many domains, since inflammation isn't exclusive to the skin but can occur in all of your organs. Another is highly intense/prolonged/frequent workouts. Especially people who are prone to blushing or who sweat a lot- these are all indications of inflammation that has been shown to damage the skin and speed up aging.

And those factors don't actually harm skin as much as UVA/UVB, likely because sun damage can occur on the daily over all hours of daylight and all weather conditions. It's also promoted because sun exposure can cause skin cancer whereas bad sleeping positions or exposure to cold weather is (obviously) less severe.