Halo Effect Megathread

Discussion in 'Aesthetics and Beauty Discussion' started by MyBeautyConsultant, May 5, 2020.

1. Kristina

Kristina C3 puberty stage

Guys, look at Doutzen crushing Candice...

Laura, Esmeralda, Nnikin and 3 others like this.
  2. venusbaby

venusbaby B2 Prom QUEEN

I know this forum isnt big on vintage stuff but they can be good examples of halo effects and old stars who had transformative makeoves

At the premiere of How to Marry a Millionaire, Marilyn severely haloed Lauren Bacall and Betty Grable for that matter. Even though the other two actresses were both probably naturally higher tiers than Marilyn pre-makeover.
    The premiere photos really show that good bone structure like Lauren's and even an actress with blonde hair like Betty Grable can still be haloed if the other person has - Better more flattering styling, better makeup, better posing, better blur effect contrast ( her blonde hair and colouring just looks so much better).
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Marilyn and Lauren before fame and early career, with Lauren having the clear advantage-
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. venusbaby

venusbaby B2 Prom QUEEN

Amber heard seems to be haloed more by beautiful brunettes than blondes - could blur effect work in groups of blondes (like ranging from B2-A2) making it harder to discern individual beauty?
    I always thought Amber was pretty basic and overhyped, here are some photos of her being haloed -

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also it is conspicuously difficult to find side by sides of her with other women (unless its cara delevigne), Perhaps she is aware of this or a little narcissistic;)?

Esmeralda and Naveena like this.
  4. rabbit

rabbit Moderator
    Staff Member

I mean, as much as I find Amber Heard overrated AF and a horrible person, I don't think she is being haloed in some of the pictures you posted. The ones with Anna Kendrick and Connie, she is haloing them for sure. And in the one with Lizsa bonet... well it's just a horrible picture of everyone, so a bit unfair.

Chloé, Vanilla, frozenmango and 6 others like this.
  5. Naveena

Naveena B1 Love Island Babe

Marilyn was stunning but she definitely benefited from dying her hair blonde. The original blonde halo? Lol

glossytears likes this.
  6. venusbaby

venusbaby B2 Prom QUEEN

I don't know, Lisa's bone structure and features look way better in comparison, just look at the contours of her face and then at Amber's, her cheeks jawline and brow structure look superior , as do features like her lips and forehead curvature and Lisa is 52. If you cropped out Jason Momoa, I don't think it wold really be that unflattering a photo.

The Anna Kendrick comparison was just to show that Amber who is often rated extremely high, when contrasted with Kendrick who is often rated pretty low, the halo effect is pretty minimal. Most people who aren't judging by tier system would say they looked about equal there.

Plus Connie is 55 and my preference leans toward a more scandi-blonde type as compared to an american-blonde type like Heard. For a 55 year old she has great colouring and radiant glow that imo does stand out when next to amber.
    3661297-amber-heard-connie-nielsen-a-la-premier-950x0-1.jpg

7. Spaceydee

Spaceydee C2 avg member

Doutzen looks so good, both are S tier but what sub tiers were they rated by MBC?

8. miamali

miamali A3 Instamodel

Candice is supposed to be in top 5 I think according to MBC...

Doutzen is out of this world beautiful, I posted her pics before here butdidn't seem to get much love.
    Candice's nose bothers me, to me she is quite a generic blonde

9. Spaceydee

Spaceydee C2 avg member

I just checked MBC’s ig and Candice is no. 7 on the top 7 list. I too prefer Doutzen over Candice, she’s unreal.

10. Julie

Julie C2 avg member

I agree, I don't like her features.
    The only thing that I like about her is her eyes, the rest of her face is nothing special for my taste, expecially I don't like her nose, forehead and smile.
    I have never understood why she is perfection for so many people, and I find other less famous model more beautiful.

11. Purple

Purple S3 VS Angel

Gal gadot and Eva Longoria halo her for sure.

12. Naveena

Irina haloing Emily:

0C2D4A2F-1682-4350-930B-90E410A68F00.jpeg

13. Esmeralda

Esmeralda A2 Top Model

Do you consider red hair to be a halo?

mina likes this.
  14. naikori

naikori B1 Love Island Babe

I think it is a halo, but like the blonde hair, it doesn't work for everyone. I don't think it's as drastic of a halo as blonde is, but it definitely adds variety to coloring, especially for those that are low contrast, (tanner skin, brown eyes). I would say it's a slight halo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Note that she is paler in the pic above
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I would say it worked well for ScarJo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    However, Emma Stone seems to pull off both (the black is definitely a bit harsher on her skin though). I'm not sure which version halos which since they both have different appeal/aesthetic. I think she's just one of those people that look good in any hair color, but the blonde gives the weakest halo in my opinion.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Purple

Purple S3 VS Angel

IMO I think red hair only looks good on natural redheads. Anything in between just passes off as too unnatural, especially if the woman isnt fair skinned like a natural redhead.

Chloé and SheDoesn'tEvenGoHere like this.
  16. SheDoesn'tEvenGoHere

SheDoesn'tEvenGoHere C1 known member

Agreed. The only time I've seen red hair work (on someone who isn't a natural redhead) has been on natural blondes. Even then, it's more of a strawberry blonde than a 'true red'.

Purple likes this.
  17. Naveena

Rih haloing Ari:

B120D6B1-22C5-45F4-B035-3535DC9BD8FB.jpeg

What tier do y'all think Ari is in this picture? This was taken pretty in her career and she looks slightly different now. I believe in this pic she has only had a brow lift and maybe fillers? Which she has increased significantly since.

18. venusbaby

venusbaby B2 Prom QUEEN

I think it can be, but more because it's like a high contrast unusual thing, the undertones have to be cohesive with a person's skin tone. On anyone who's not naturally a redhead, I think it can work but is more of a novelty thing for most.

I really like red hair on light- medium brown skin tones. Carmen Solomons is a natural red head and I think it's a halo for her, it just adds to her striking high contrast look.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It's not an 'all the time' thing, but it can be a cute look for a while.

19. mina

mina D tier newbie

i like emma more in this picture i am not a fan of kennys fillers