How do you make your midface shorter?

Discussion in 'Plastic Surgery Discussion' started by yanti, May 26, 2020.

1. yanti

yanti C1 known member

I’ve been seeing a lot of people mentioning how certain models/ individuals have a long mid face and was wondering how does one measure if they have a long mid face or not and if there is any surgical/ non surgical ways to make your midface a desirable length.

• Like Like x 3
  2. rabbit

rabbit Moderator
    Staff Member

I think the only way to actually reduce your mid-face is having double jaw surgery, provided your long mid-face is actually caused by misplaced jaws. If not I don't think it's something you can change, but shortening your philtrum either through fillers, lip lift, or just makeup can make your mid-face appear shorter for example.

• Like Like x 2
  3. yanti

yanti C1 known member

Does the length of your nose have a reason why your midface is long? I’ve always noticed how models in the S tier have short noses in terms of the length from below their eyes to the bottom of their noses. For example Kim Kardashian has a long nose comparison to Sara sampaio or Adriana Lima. 49772CF9-F303-4F4D-A96C-F631A2467597.jpeg A5E8240E-8A24-4A8E-925D-E902B0200AB5.jpeg

4. rabbit

rabbit Moderator
    Staff Member

Your nose tends to fit the length of your mid-face. Kim’s nose job made her nose too skinny though and made her mid-face look longer imo.

• Like Like x 5
  5. minnie

minnie B2 Prom QUEEN

I also have a proportionally longer midface and my nose is on the longer side. I'd be careful with shortening your nose with surgery tho because this will inevitably lengthen your philtrum and a long philtrum is far more aesthetically unpleasing than a long nose in my opinion.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Purple

Purple S3 VS Angel

I used to have quite a long midface. Now it looks more normal. Cheek fillers definitely helped since it added width and decreased my FWHR. My face went from true oval to heart/diamond shape.

• Like Like x 7
  7. barbiebelle

barbiebelle B2 Prom QUEEN

Nicola Peltz got a lot of procedures done and she really managed to make her mid face shorter!
    [​IMG]
    I have no idea what she did though so if anybody knows how she achieved this look let me know lol.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Arwen Undómiel

Arwen Undómiel A1 Elite Model

You can create more of an illusion of a shorter mid face with a low brow and lip filler in the top lip. Lots of blush on the apples of the cheeks with a little cheek filler also, but as for a big difference like rabbit said that is the only option. It’s actually performed by a dental surgeon weirdly enough.

• Like Like x 3
  9. lolobbyx

lolobbyx B1 Love Island Babe

this transformation is amazing tho, now i really wanna know what she had done. her chin looks shorter so shaving maybe?

• Like Like x 5
  10. Jasmine

Jasmine C3 puberty stage

I'm not sure about procedures in particular on her (aside from possibly having her chin reduced) but a big part of why her midface looks shorter is because her hair is done to expose the side of her face making it look wider to counterbalance a longer midface. Her makeup also helps, lengthening and lowering the eyebrows and the lower eyelid with shadow. Filling or overlining the top lip helps as well.

• Like Like x 4
  11. throatpunch

throatpunch C3 puberty stage

Wow... I gotta know what she did to her eyes! Besides the makeup change, the whole eye area looks amazing. What a great transformation! I wish Lorry Hill would do a video on her

• Like Like x 2
  12. Eléa

Eléa A2 Top Model

• wear hoop earrings
    • e-girl blush placement
    • fake freckles
    • lower lash extensions
    • defined lower lash mascara

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ninaa

Ninaa B3 Pretty Bitch

Her lower third was long, not her mid face