How important is your colouring in attraction?

Discussion in 'Aesthetics and Beauty Discussion' started by Bananabread, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Bananabread

Bananabread Moderator
    Staff Member

How important is your overall colouring and contrast when considering how attractive a person is. I see this thrown around a lot, how good colouring can be used as a blur effect on normal people. So can having good colouring and high contrast features really make ur features stand out and make u look more attractive than u really are.
    ive realised most attractive men and women especially men, have really high contrast features such as dark hair, light eyes and tan skin. Also women such as Adriana Lima, Megan fox, have good contrasting features.Also I know blonde hair blue eyes can be used as a blur.So if a person with dark skin, dark eyes and dark hair, changes their colouring such as lightening their hair or eye colour can that make them more attractive? How important is colouring when determining how attractive a person is (normal everyday person). Would a person with blue eyes tan skin and dark hair be more atttactive than some with boring colouring (Example of person with boring colouring would be Nina dobrev (no offence) )

• Like Like x 4
  2. Muse

Muse B1 Love Island Babe

I think coloring becomes more important when your facial features are not so good. Monica Bellucci also has “boring coloring” but she is beautiful :)

• Like Like x 12
  3. Purple

Purple S3 VS Angel

Honestly, I think colouring comes down to personal preference and what an individual prefers. When it comes to objective beauty, it really is subjective. I personally wouldn't consider a girl with blue eyes and blonde hair more attractive than Nina Dobrev if they are in the same tier. SMV, however, is a completely different ballpark. A person with blue eyes will have much more sex appeal than someone with "plain colouring".

Saying that, my colouring is actually pretty close to the girl in my avi (I am middle eastern), despite the fact I'm considered very hot and in the B tier, I have this friend who has more flaws than me and has blonde hair blue eyes. She is very pretty but I'd say she has many more facial flaws than I do and is also a lot chubbier than I am. I'd rate her around a c1 which is still high though. Whenever we go out she gets hit on MUCH more. I never understood why until I learned about the blur effect.

My point is, people often get SMV and objective beauty mixed up.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Bananabread

Bananabread Moderator
    Staff Member

but the girl in your avi has really good colouring. dark features (eyes, hair,eyebrows) with light skin look really good imo. because of the contrast between the skin and your darker featur, it really brings them out.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Arwen Undómiel

Arwen Undómiel A1 Elite Model

I think recognising that someone is attractive/beautiful and being attracted to them personally are separate things. As we all have our personal preferences. For instance I can recognise that Lucky Blue Smith or Jordan Barret are very attractive men. However they are not my preference in their look. I think it’s important to seperate your personal preferences to look at beauty subjectivity and honesty. So it’s important for people on the site to not go “I think blonde hair and blue eyes are boring and I think exotic beauties are better so therefore she’s C tier”. We have to seperate our own preferences to judge the beauty itself.

• Like Like x 11
  6. Bananabread

Bananabread Moderator
    Staff Member

Yh that’s not what I’m saying, my personal opinion has nothing to do with this, but I’m asking in general how important is good colouring in attraction, does high contrast features make u more attractive than low? I’m asking in a day to day life. Obviously for models it doesn’t make a difference because they are beautiful regardless. But in school I remember the girls with high contrast colouring such blue/light eyes and dark hair with tan skin and girls with “blonde hair and blue eyes” (I know blonde hair was due to the blur effect”) were more popular than girls with “standard colouring”

• Like Like x 4
  7. Purple

Purple S3 VS Angel

Oh sorry I must have misunderstood your question, silly me.
    In that case, yes, colouring makes a HUGE difference in 'halo'. Anybody can create contrast with their looks, but it has to be in a way which looks harmonious (i,e blonde hair wouldn't suit everyone but the person can still find other ways which suits them).

I really like this video by Aly Art where she explains ways to add contrast to your look. Highly recommend.

Nina Dobrev for example - her colouring looks far more interesting with caramel ombre hair. (look at the freaken difference!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#7 Purple, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Arwen Undómiel

Oh right I misunderstood what you were saying. I think girls whose contrast is low and have let’s say, brown eyes, brown skin, brown hair, or in the case or white girls pale skin, brown eyes and brown or mousy hair. They typically need to have an amazing face to be noticed as they will be typically overlooked and unnoticed. However a girl with red hair and green eyes although not that attractive, will get people thinking she’s attractive just by her vibrant colouring. It’s not fair but I definitely agree that it happens a lot.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes A3 Instamodel

I agree that redhead can have an unfair halo effect due to their eye catching coloring. Do you think the trait of redhair puts you at a lower tier? I can’t think of any S or A tier redheads. I think they tend to be more “unconventional beauties” so their ranking would come down to personal preference. Out of curiosity what would you say it is that makes redheads unattractive? Is it their hair color, skin color, or just features redheads generally have?
    I’m trying to figure it out myself haha

• Like Like x 3
  10. Arwen Undómiel

That’s a very good point! I think when it comes to red hair people either love it or are not a fan, that combined with how rare red hair is it would explain why we don’t see many. There’s definitely an A tier red haired Instagram model I know of... I’m struggling to remember her name! She doesn’t do fashion modelling she’s more of an Instagram/commercial model and she’s quite short. I’ll keep looking and let you know if I find her. As for what makes them attractive I think the main thing is the striking difference between the eyes, hair and skin. As they are almost exclusively found in Scotland, Ireland and Norway they typically have very pale skin which freckles contrast greatly on. Combine that with intense green or blue eyes and I think even when combined with below average facial features they still attract attention and are very striking.

• Like Like x 3
  11. naikori

naikori A3 Instamodel

I think you mean Madeline Ford? She’s the only redhead that comes to mind that fits that description

• Like Like x 2
  12. haze

haze C1 known member

I think 'rarer' colouring (e.g. tan-darker skin and hair with lighter eyes) creates a drastic blur effect. However, I think it's obviously possible for people with less striking colouring to be stunning. A lower tier person with some type of 'blur effect' colouring might seem more attractive than they actually are though. A lot of it seems to come from the fetishisation of people who are considered 'exotic' but in my opinion, as long as people aren't racist when discussing this topic, I think it's a good conversation to have

• Like Like x 11
  13. glossytears

glossytears Moderator
    Staff Member

you can see this in many instagram models who tan their skin to oblivion to seem more exotic. or those who blackfish. it’s actually incredible to observe

• Like Like x 6
  14. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes A3 Instamodel

Saw this model on my instagram explore page today. She has a similar vibe to Elsa Hosk. One of the more beautiful redheads I’ve seen. 139551D3-55D6-4B50-810A-F416BF8BC1C7.jpeg B6A40EA7-6FC3-4B69-A38C-27EE9757ACEA.jpeg 7C37D7CD-34D5-4D0D-87D0-2BBA0953FA5F.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  15. Arwen Undómiel

D1B51214-D267-4E3D-898E-B359E09D605A.jpeg
    No that’s not the one... damn. There’s also another very beautiful redhead fashion model (strawberry blonde colour) that looks like a mix of Candice Swanepoel and Rosie HW but I can’t remember her name! EDIT: her name is Clara McSweeny, her nose is a little wide and she has a little too much filler in the top like but she’s still quite a striking redhead.

#15 Arwen Undómiel, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Arwen Undómiel

I think we are currently experiencing for the first time all different races of beauty standards being mixed so it’s very confusing for a lot of people especially regarding body types of what to follow. I think the main culprits are the Kardashians influencing the current “exotic” trend, which is a whole bunch of very difficult things to be blessed with naturally. Your hair must be straight, waist tiny, ass and boobs big, eyes light, lips full, all things very difficult to achieve naturally. The kardashians have had all their procedures to specifically attract black men, they dress like black women and try to act as much like black women as they can. So a whole bunch (or majority) to be honest of teenagers follow along, to a point where girls are even lying about their ethnic background to appear more exotic. Demi Mawby (can’t remember how to say her name but she’s some trashy Instagrammer with a lot of BBLs) says she’s Columbian but she’s just purely british. I have noticed that asian women haven’t changed their beauty standards very much, but white, black and Hispanic are merged together now to create more of an impossible “ideal beauty” for everyone. I hope I am making sense with what I am saying!

• Like Like x 13
  17. brontë

brontë B2 Prom QUEEN

in my humble opinion, if you have striking features or atleast one, that's what makes your "coloring" as you said, attractive.
    e.g blue/green eyes are a striking feature, coupled up with dark hair =exotic since blue eyes are USUALLY associated with lighter hair.
    so yes, a colorful feature can make you look striking but not necessarily attractive does it make sense? we should consider average people when giving examples here cuz Megan Fox or Monica Belluci who has "boring colors" have gorgeous features

• Like Like x 4
  18. glossytears

glossytears Moderator
    Staff Member

it’s very sad because i read that they take opportunities from actual black and latina women because they pose as them. it’s a soft and sometimes hard form of blackface.

• Like Like x 4
  19. AdrianaPadilla

AdrianaPadilla A1 Elite Model

WOW! She totally looks like a mix of Candice and Rosie like you say! Such a natural beauty! I could literally see her as a secondary actress in a tv serie like Outlander or so too. Love her look xd

• Like Like x 2
  20. Esmeralda

Esmeralda A1 Elite Model

I agree with your take! It definitely has negative outcomes and sets unrealistic expectations and standards. I believe it is extremely important to consider your ethnicity when you are looking at aesthetics. There are S1s in all ethnicity for certain and we must not subject ourselves to standards that simply don't make sense given our ethnic characteristics. This can have bad results such as the overfilled duck lips of instagram that seeks to imitate that of a black woman, or a sharper European nose on a non-European that doesn't make sense with the rest of the face.

• Like Like x 3