How to lose weight without sacrificing face fat/causing sagging etc!?

Discussion in 'Body Discussion' started by strawberrigirl, Nov 1, 2020.

1. strawberrigirl

strawberrigirl C2 avg member

hi! i am 17 and looking to lose some weight, i am 5’0 and 131 lbs, and looking to be around 100. however, i’m scared that losing weight will cause me to look gaunt, lose the flashiness of my cheeks, and that i will get saggy boobs, lose my curves, and that i will lose the youthfulness of my appearance overall. i know i have my age to my advantage but i’m still worried, i hear this especially tends to happen when you lose weight quickly.

on top of that, i’m not exactly sure how to lose weight in a healthy way. i have heard that calorie counting is the best method but i’m not sure how many i’m supposed to eat. i have tried calculators and they have recommended 1100-1200 calories, but i feel like that is way too low for a teen, i won’t get the nutrients i need and therefore will look much worse, right?

so, how should i go about losing weight? what’s the best/healthiest method? and how can i do so without looking worse afterwards? i have under eye hollows so i’m afraid they’ll be accentuated..

thank you in advance!

• Like Like x 2
  2. rabbit

rabbit Moderator
    Staff Member

Obviously lose weight slowly, that way your skin has time to adjust to your new shape! At your age you are highly unlikely to experience sagging, usually people can lose weight (slowly, and not too much) until around 30 without many ramifications on the face or body. I doubt you'll look gaunt at 100 pounds, that is a very healthy weight for someone 5'0 tall and at 17 you still have lots of baby fat.

1200 is probably okay if you're only 5'0, since you need much fewer calories than an average sized woman, but I'm sure you can get away with more as you're so young. Your metabolism is fast at 17 and you are still growing so you need to keep yourself nourished! Just make sure you're eating healthy foods to hit your calorie limit, not a burger and fries and then thinking 'oops, thats my calorie limit for the day!', you can eat a lottt of fruit and veg and lean meat for 1200 calories. Healthy fats are important for skin too so even though they're not low calorie, I'd recommend you eat things like avocado and nuts.

As long as you're not overeating, you're consuming healthy foods, and getting exercise, eventually you will just lose weight naturally.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Chloé

Chloé A2 Top Model

Rather than dieting, try making continous changes for long lasting results. The most important thing is to combine weightloss with doing work-outs regularly. That way you can also tone your body, receive a healthy overall-look and there will be no Yo-Yo-effect. Also, even after reaching your desired weight, keep eating healthy and fresh and reduce sugar. But for now I‘d really mostly recommend doing sports and drinking a lot of water( which will also help with your under eye support) and follow the advice rabbit just gave :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. strawberrigirl

thank you so much!

• Like Like x 1
  5. strawberrigirl

thank you so much! this advice is so helpful! but i have a question, how long do you think it would take to lose the amount i’m trying to lose? (~30 pounds)

6. poshspice

poshspice B2 Prom QUEEN

There’s a website called losertown (I’ll put the link below), where it calculates how long it’ll take to lose a certain amount of weight based on your height and total daily energy expenditure (basically the amount of calories you burn in a day). It’s super interesting so def check it out!
    https://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

7. strawberrigirl

thank you!