Is anyone else sick of "natural remedies"?

Discussion in 'Skincare Discussion' started by Fashionphile5, May 7, 2020.

1. Fashionphile5

Fashionphile5 A3 Instamodel

A few years ago, I got sucked into DIY skincare and tried to make a few masks and waste money on supermarket foods to use on my face. Nothing made a difference and my skin didn't have an improvement till my GP give me a prescription for benzoyl peroxide.

I think holistic remedies can work for some people but I wish I realized that everything is a chemical and that a complex regimen doesn't mean that I'm less than. I think many of those DIY skincare gurus were self-righteous and indirectly made you feel bad about yourself if your skin issues couldn't be solved with simple household items.

#1 Fashionphile5, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. limalover

limalover A3 Instamodel

this is the exact reason I never do that stuff bc I know it doesn’t work lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. blackcoffee

blackcoffee B2 Prom QUEEN

Oh my god! I remember putting baking soda and lemon on my face or toothpaste on my pimples because I thought it would help with blemishes... never again. I think a majority of the "natural remedies" found on Pinterest or other random corners of the internet do more harm than good.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Bananabread

Bananabread Moderator
    Staff Member

True, when I was a kid all I was doing was rubbing tomatoes on my face to make it glow and applying all sorts of home made face mask, I remember my parents use to tell me off for using all there cooking ingredients on my face, to the point she started to hide them from me after she came back shopping for them.
    But yes none of them made a big difference at all. However out of all the mask
    I tried, the turmeric mask did make a slight difference at fading my acne marks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus B1 Love Island Babe

This thread is almost a year old but I am reading the forum and would like to say that I agree 100% with you. I have the mindset that if it actually worked, serious brands would’ve profited from it by now, like they did with Aloe Vera and Vitamin C

• Like Like x 2
  6. Eléa

Eléa A2 Top Model

There's countless videos out there by Dermatologists and skincare youtubers warning people not to do DIY skincare.

• Like Like x 1