Large ribcages

Discussion in 'Body Discussion' started by sabine, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Purple

Purple S3 VS Angel

I totally relate to this in many levels. I am 5’2 and my rib cage is thick too which makes me appear stocky when I put on weight.

The only thing I’d suggest is to build muscle everywhere. So the legs, back, shoulders and bum etc. Having more size everywhere else will just create illusion make your ribcage appear smaller proportionally.

favgal2020, Esmeralda and minnie like this.
  2. lxno

lxno C1 known member

Same here :(( my ribcage circumference is pretty much as large as my shoulder and hip measurements lol im kinda screwed. my waist does taper in for a tiny bit but only because im skinny. i look more skeletal because of it, which is a look with models, but on me it looks odd and like a REAL skeleton. as for making it look smaller, i don‘t even bother tbh, i just embrace it.

Twinkletoes likes this.
  3. sxltynights

sxltynights B1 Love Island Babe

Speaking of candice small waist, anyone knows how she achieved to get a small tapered waist but her hips stayed the same? I find her transformation amazing and since i kind of feel like I have a similar body type to the first pic i have some hope to get a similar body like her A6D6F56D-83C7-4FE4-A24B-314C4925DD58.jpeg

4. goldengirl222

goldengirl222 C2 avg member

Woah how did she transform this? Also how far apart are both of these photos?? That’s wild!

is11 and Esmeralda like this.
  5. vie

vie B3 Pretty Bitch

She had a wide hip structure to start with. She had hip dips and lost weight there and on her waist making her look more like an hourglass

6. Chloé

Chloé A3 Instamodel

Since Candice got a natural hourglass-shape, the main difference is probably weightloss, I’d say, a strict diet and hardcore workouts 6-7 times a week to keep the bodyfat-percentage very low and build muscles for that toned look. Getting abs will also further tighten and therefore slim your waist

7. viva

viva C1 known member

As long as their body fat is low enough, and they're not super short, having a long torso and short legs won't make someone look "stumpy". Rosé from Blackpink is a good example of this because even though she's super thin, her legs are definitely on the shorter side (she's 168cm) which means she's also got a killer waist. It's all just about knowing which clothes to wear to accentuate your best features.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Claire Moon

Claire Moon A3 Instamodel

that made so much less insecure about having slightly short legs, seriously. my torso is longer comparing to my legs but now I realise that's probably one of the things that contribute to my waist being on the small side

9. is11

is11 C2 avg member

This topic is funny because I have always really loved my wide ribcage, it makes me look athletic and Amazonian rather than fragile like my best friend who is a similar height and weight but has a tiny ribcage. I can see the perks of both but I wouldn’t change mine, it’s one of my favourite features (is that weird? :p)

10. Esmeralda

Esmeralda A2 Top Model

It's not weird at all! It does give an athletic look and you probably have a nice back.

Ninaa, Purple and is11 like this.
  11. is11

is11 C2 avg member

Haha thank you :p now that you mention it I actually do have a really nice back and can pull off wearing low cut backless dresses and still look elegant. What an ego boost :D

Ninaa, Purple and Esmeralda like this.
  12. Esmeralda

Esmeralda A2 Top Model

Hahaha! I'm glad you're aware, most people aren't, so they don't see the blessing in that feature! :)

is11 likes this.
  13. Vanessa

Vanessa D tier newbie

I have a large ribcage too and don't have great waist definition as a result which sucks not only because my sister and mom are hourglasses, but I'm Latina and people stereotype us as being curvy and it makes me extra self conscious :oops:

Anyway, Adrianna Lima also has a pretty boxy torso and she was considered one of the sexiest woman at her prime, and one of the most iconic VS angels too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Esmeralda and Naveena like this.
  14. Naveena

Naveena B1 Love Island Babe

that push up bra looks painful lol.

15. Gazelle

Gazelle D tier newbie

What would constitute as having a wide ribcage measurement wise?

16. Esmeralda

Esmeralda A2 Top Model

I consider it as ribs that are large in proportion to the body and then alter the shape of the torso. I don't have a specific measurement but it would make sense for there to be one.

17. naikori

naikori B1 Love Island Babe

I think it would be if there's little difference between the diameter/width of under your breasts (where the band of your bra would be) and your waist. Instead of the noticeable "cinched" hourglass look, there isn't much of a curve.

Esmeralda likes this.
  18. rabbit

rabbit Moderator
    Staff Member

This is entirely dependent on your height and the rest of your proportions. A 32" ribcage on someone 5 feet tall will look wide, but on someone 6 feet tall will look very narrow.

Esmeralda likes this.
  19. Moonlightx95

Moonlightx95 B2 Prom QUEEN

so would creating bigger hips give the illusion of a smaller ribcage or once you have a wide ribcage is there nothing you can do about it ?

Purple likes this.
  20. Esmeralda

Esmeralda A2 Top Model

Yes, it would make the ribcage look less big in comparison. I think it would be a good goal.