Neoteny and Female Attractiveness

Discussion in 'Aesthetics and Beauty Discussion' started by Catherine Tramell, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Catherine Tramell

Catherine Tramell A1 Elite Model

Every evolutionary psychologist seems to say that Neoteny is important for female attractiveness. Features like large rounded eyes, small nose are given a lot of importance to. Even more than facial structure.
    And I do see guys often preferring someone with a neotenous face like Cindy Kimberly more than, lets say, Madison Beer. Whereas Cindy’s bone structure in not very impressive.
    So I want to go over this again. Is our standards for beauty on this forum too westernized? Where would Adriana Lima or Megan Fox stand in terms of attractiveness for a man from my region? Since feminine faces are preferred in my region more.

Do some guys prefer ‘The Girl Next Door’ to a low trust face because they deem the latter as unattainable? Or is it simply because they prefer Neoteny and averageness?

Read this article, ‘Evolutionary Standards for Female Attractiveness’ for more info.
    https://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007/978-3-319-16999-6_4-1

#1 Catherine Tramell, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  2. natureblondie

natureblondie C2 avg member

I can see how that can be true, men seem to be very attracted to youth and big eyes and a small nose is very youthful. I am not sure if they would choose a B3 over a A3 just because the B3 has big eyes and a small nose. To me it does seem like men like less harsh features then women do on a woman, if that makes sense. But I am not sure It would be interesting to take a bunch of girls in the same tier and see if men pick the ones with bigger eyes and smaller nose. What I can see is that if you have an average face bigger eyes and a small nose will look better or elevate you a bit but not sure. I hope its not true because I don't have a small nose or big eyes haha..

• Like Like x 6
  3. Purple

Purple S3 VS Angel

I think having some neoteny is ideal. The most beautiful models such as Taylor Hill, Adriana Lima, Sara Sampaio are great examples of models that have some neoteny (not too much, but enough to have a good balance). In my opinion, a woman with extremely feminine features (big eyes, full lips and small nose) with a strong/angular bone structure as a contrast is what looks best.

Here are some great examples

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  4. glossytears

glossytears Moderator
    Staff Member

This is actually such an underrated thread. Many of the women we consider high S-A tiers have a mix of broad, yet niche appeal. i see on a lot of forums that people say that their features are too 'strong' and not feminine enough. bella hadid is a good example as people find her quite androgynous. i think forward growth is extremely important but we also have to take in facial dimorphism into account.
    for example, i think taylor hill and torin ashtun have the perfect blend of great forward growth and facial dimorphism. they are able to have very strong features yet retain softness to them.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Catherine Tramell

Catherine Tramell A1 Elite Model

reasons why i created this thread. often times, i see people saying Angelina Jolie isn’t beautiful, a lot of guys say they don’t like her. it is those people who are into high fashion, that tend to like faces like Angie’s or Rosie’s.
    In the country i grew up in, softer features are celebrated, especially by the older generation. so i grew up believing that i am unattractive. but i started getting attention in my teen years. because some of the newer generation, does like that sharp look.
    most people around me still like the softer look so this has caused me a lot of identity crisis in the past. idk what i look like anymore.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Juicy Cactus

Juicy Cactus A3 Instamodel

From what I´ve experienced, younger people around me seem to be more into the low trust, sexy look, both men and women. Women with high sex appeal are completely praised for their exeptional beauty, while more high trust beauties get acknowledged for their beauty as well, but not as much idk. Taylor Hill gets called beautiful all the time, but I haven´t seen such a obsession with her looks as maybe Madison Beer. I mean the girl´s incredibly gorgeous, but there are people with better bonestructure etc. not getting the same praise (They still get called beautiful, but in a different way, I hope it makes sense.) On Instagram most of the influencers are trying to go seem more low trust and "hot". I also think a lot of relatively average people are perseived way more beautiful then they actually are due to them seeming more sexy, like Ariana Grande for example. I don´t really get the hype around her...Even among S-Tiers the more low trust looks get more attention I think, Adrianna. I think a different thread mentioned how a lot of people would prefer Barbara over Taylor which is probably due to Barbara being more low trust.
    In terms of aging and older generations I think the high trust look is more desired. I think high trust ages better. It looks very elegant and gracefull, while I´m not sure if "sexy" and "hot" still work with age.
    On this forum I think the majority prefers the high trust look, but in on social media and in my environment people seem to favor sex appeal.

• Like Like x 11
  7. CuriousOne

CuriousOne B1 Love Island Babe

I agree! Audrey Hepburn is a great example of a woman with high trust features who aged beautifully.

3de87bc4505e932b9e3cfc8fc752e8b3.jpg 1978.jpg

• Like Like x 11