Orbital rim contouring/shaving

Discussion in 'Plastic Surgery Discussion' started by viva, Oct 11, 2020.

1. viva

viva C1 known member

Basically, I really dislike the positioning of the bones above my eyes. They cover too much of my eyeball and make putting on makeup really frustrating since it never looks right. My eyes just look really sunken in and puffy in most angles, especially since it's so visible with my high-arched brows.

I've searched about this procedure on realself and it definitely does exist, and although surgeons insist it's quite a common surgery, I can hardly find any before/afters.

To give more of a clue of what I'm talking about, my eye area essentially looks like Ana de Armas':

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Has anyone else dealt with this problem before or am I crazy lmao?

2. bodybagbarbie

bodybagbarbie B2 Prom QUEEN

i had my orbital rims shaved! love it. no regrets

3. viva

viva C1 known member

omg this makes me so happy :(

would you mind telling me about your experience?

4. bodybagbarbie

i got it done with forehead reconstruction, a hairline lowering and a brow lift. i was in pain for a week but it made my face more attractive, feminine and youthful. it opened my eyes up a lot. my orbitals are so flat now!

i paid 16.5k usd for all those procedures together including anesthesia and hospital fees but my doctor is pretty overpriced and hes based in LA (im canadian). i know you can find someone else do it a lot cheaper. not sure how much an orbital shave would cost on its own

• Like Like x 1
  5. viva

viva C1 known member

oh wow that's awesome, i'm so glad it worked out for you!

i'd love to have a shave along with a blepharoplasty and a brow lift, so hopefully i can find someone for that whether they're seperate procedures or not. i also have weak upper eyelids that i'd love to strengthen with ptosis surgery. sigh, if only i was born with a better eye area.

i live in australia and i wouldn't mind travelling internationally at all, but i've really struggled with knowing which surgeons exactly do the procedure since it's rarely mentioned. did it take you a while to find a suitable surgeon?

6. bodybagbarbie

yes i consulted with probably 6-10 different surgeons from around the world.

7. rabbit

rabbit Moderator
    Staff Member

Ana de armas looks like she could benefit more from orbital filler or fat transfer to her upper lids. It looks like a volume loss problem in her case at least. You might have a much easier time finding surgeons or injectors who offer those procedures ^

• Like Like x 1
  8. viva

viva C1 known member

i know this is controversial, but i personally like the look of a lot of upper lid haha. i guess it's because i've had hooded eyes my whole life and i i've always dreamt of being able to do crazy eyeshadow looks and not have my eyes look like they're being swallowed by my eyelids every time i smile.

thank you for the suggestion though! i was actually looking into fillers like you said, but it just doesn't appeal to me as much as shaving my orbital bones would

9. Senait

Senait A3 Instamodel

• Dislike Dislike x 6
  10. rabbit

rabbit Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Purple

Purple S3 VS Angel

Lmfao I’m not mad at some random jealous bitch on the forum. Especially since im literally like a b1 now.
    @Senait you salty you got kicked out of the discord server? Maybe if you weren’t such a jealous, racist toxic speciman you’d have a better chance in life.

12. Claita

Claita B3 Pretty Bitch

You mean the brow bone reconstruction? If yes, Check out dr Harrison Lee on Instagram :)