Photogenic vs Unphotogenic

Discussion in 'Aesthetics and Beauty Discussion' started by basicwellnessbitch, May 1, 2020.

1. basicwellnessbitch

basicwellnessbitch B1 Love Island Babe

I thought maybe this would fit under this category the best. What are some tips for being more photogenic? Any examples of those who are better in video versus photos? Any explanations for this phenomenon?

• Like Like x 3
  2. AdrianaPadilla

AdrianaPadilla A1 Elite Model

I'm interested too! I take a sit lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. basicwellnessbitch

basicwellnessbitch B1 Love Island Babe

Just thought of this but definitely clear skin helps a lot, it can make a huge difference in how you photograph regardless of how attractive you are. anyone have any other tips that are reachable for us average regular people :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. cashewmilk

cashewmilk A3 Instamodel

Being skinny gives you a pretty substantial halo boost. If you're in a group photo with average sized people, viewers' eyes are instantly drawn to you. Being lean also gives you more defined facial features overall.

And then of course practice makes perfect. When I'm bored (i.e. procrastinating) I'll switch between slowmotion video and the classic snapchat timer mode. It's also a confidence boost if you put a filter on, just to make posing less awkward in the beginning.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mathilde

Mathilde A3 Instamodel

Am not a fan of Bella Hadid but IMO she’s a good example of someone who looks better in motion/videos vs in still images.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sabine

sabine Moderator
    Staff Member

I think the actress Phoebe Tonkin is such a good example of this. She's stunning on film but less so in still images.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Eléa

Eléa A1 Elite Model

practise in front of the mirror, Marilyn Monroe did this all the time and it truly makes a difference

• Like Like x 1
  8. Eléa

Eléa A1 Elite Model

Eyebrows are so important for this, cleanly groomed and filled but not overpowering brows can make someone look significantly better when being photographed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. XoxoC

XoxoC C1 known member

Just wanted to add I hate how different I look in pictures sometimes. I do not know what it is maybe because I have wide cheeks but depending on the angle and if the person takes a good photo I go down a whole tier.

Like if my friend takes my photo she knows how to make me look good and I love it but in random family photos I look so average sometimes

• Like Like x 2
  10. Eléa

Eléa A1 Elite Model

Wide faces are often b tier, do you chew gum and overwork your jaw muscle? this could make you look a little flat. Maybe you are a good candidate for masseter botox? 3/4 angle is usually best for you I'm guessing? This is v common for wide faces.