post your own edits here

Discussion in 'Aesthetics and Beauty Discussion' started by sabine, May 16, 2020.

1. sabine

sabine Moderator
    Staff Member

I’ve been experimenting with editing in Facetune for fun recently and thought we should have a place to post our edits and discuss! It’s interesting because I think we’d all edit a face differently because beauty is subjective to some degree. Unfortunately, I can't make the GIFs higher quality, but I think they're still useful. Here are my first (very amateur) edits:

UPDATE: I've changed the pictures to imgur links so hopefully you guys can see them now.

Bella Hadid:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    For this one, I shortened her face by shortening her nose overall, then moving the lips and chin up. The biggest change I made to her nose was changing the shape of the tip. I also made her alars and lips more symmetrical. I changed the shape of her chin after shortening her face overall, making it slightly more pointed. Her canthal tilt is reduced in both eyes, but more on the right eye because her eyes appear asymmetrical in this picture, as well as raising her left eye and eyebrow to make her eyes more symmetrical overall. I think a more neutral canthal tilt for her is more attractive, as her original eyes appear extremely artificial to me and are distracting, throwing off her focal points. The shape of her head is also overall more symmetrical. Her cheeks are also filled in a bit, making her cheekbones more prominent to increase her facial width to balance out her long midface. I tried keeping the changes fairly small (asides from maybe the nose), so the edit would still clearly be Bella Hadid. I kept her midface her longest third (albeit a bit shorter) because that's one of her most recognizable features. Also, am I crazy or does the edit make her look more like Gigi??

Taylor Hill:
    (Please don't crucify me for this. Taylor is one of the most beautiful people to walk the planet but, alas, no one's perfect.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

][​IMG]

The most notable changes are to her nose and chin. Because she has such a fantastic bone structure, her bulbous nasal tip is often overlooked. However, as someone who is obsessed with noses, it always stuck out to me, so I shrank it and pushed her alars in at the very top to match the new tip, as well as rounding out her nostrils. I filled in her chin to make it more rounded and pointy. Her chin was another thing that detracted from her facial harmony to me, as it's quite blunt and flat-ended. It just appeared to "cut off", especially because her jawline slopes down so gracefully in comparison. It's hard to explain. I gave her eyes a slight lift at the outer corners and made her lips more symmetrical.

Hailey Bieber
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is definitely the most drastic. She was the most difficult face to work with. To me and a lot of others on this forum, her face is "overrated". I think she's striking and memorable but objectively wouldn't rank higher than B3 (and that's being generous). I did the same thing to her chin as I did to Taylor's for the same reason. Blunt-ended chins just aren't aesthetically harmonious to me. I reduced her jaw, making the masseter area slimmer. I made her nose more symmetrical because in the original it's skewed to the left and her right nostril is noticeably larger. I significantly expanded her upper third to balance out her extremely strong lower third, which I think is the area of her face most people take issue with. Her hairline is higher and rounder and the temple area has been widened. I also gave her a bit of virtual cheekbone filler to further balance her thirds. I made her eye area more symmetrical by lifting her left brow and outer eye corner and stretching it outwards, as well as lifting the left eyelid crease (I couldn't make the eyeliner symmetrical because I used Facetune liquify to edit). Her right brow is slightly lowered. I changed the shape of her lips by enlarging the center and reducing the corners, getting rid of the square bottom lip filler effect (as I like to call it, the Sofia Richie lip). Her eyes are still too close-set in the edit, but everything else here is somewhat possible with surgery (maybe not widening the temple area), but increasing ocular distance is absolutely impossible in real life.

If you've made it this far, thank you for reading! Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

#1 sabine, May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Emerald

Emerald A2 Top Model

Unfortunately the images aren’t showing up :(

3. sabine

sabine Moderator
    Staff Member

Aren't they in the spoilers?

4. MyBeautyConsultant

MyBeautyConsultant Administrator
    Staff Member

they are but you must’ve linked them wrong

5. Emerald

Emerald A2 Top Model

No, perhaps it’s just me but when I click the spoilers there’s just a box that says IMG

6. cashewmilk

cashewmilk A3 Instamodel

I love this thread idea! Try uploading your pics to imgur or imgbb and using the link photo feature instead!

7. sabine

sabine Moderator
    Staff Member

I've changed them to imgur links, can you see them now?

8. Carlos Mora

Carlos Mora A3 Instamodel

Wow I liked the Hailey one.
    BTW how weird it is to call her Hailey Bieber instead of Hailey Baldwin. I think I´ll never get used to it.
    Now I understand what my parents felt when Victoria Adams became Victoria Beckham

• Like Like x 2
  9. Emerald

Emerald A2 Top Model

The HB one is great, the after looks a bit like Sharon Tate. I do think the nose is slightly too narrow, but that might be personal taste. The Taylor one is interesting, overall a nice edit, the eyes look amazing. I think the edit to her nose has elongated her philtrum which has messed with her facial harmony a bit. I never noticed her lips were slightly asymmetrical until this though!

• Like Like x 5
  10. sabine

sabine Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree with your sentiments about Taylor's philitrum, I wanted to keep most of the edits to what can be done in real life with surgery and unfortunately that includes moving her entire mouth up, which I was tempted to do. Same with Hailey's nose, but her eyes are really close set and usually if the alars go past the inner eye corners, the nose has the illusion of being too wide even if it isn't in my opinion. I'm working on a variant with a different nose for her right now which I'll post later.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MyBeautyConsultant

MyBeautyConsultant Administrator
    Staff Member

LOL HOW DID YOU DO THAT SLOW TRANSFORM TRANSITION XD

I was searching up how to do that for my postssss! I like your edits, keep going :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. sabine

sabine Moderator
    Staff Member

I used PicsArt. What you do is you get either the edit or the original and put that as your base picture. Go to "add photo" and put the other picture on top and make sure they line up exactly. Then screen record yourself increasing and decreasing the opacity of the top photo and it'll show the difference perfectly if the pics are lined up correctly. To post here, I had to turn it into a gif with Giphy bc idk if I can post video clips here but since you're probably posting on IG, you can skip that step.

Also, I feel validated now because the queen likes my edits omg
    I also understand what you said now about Kaia Gerber being a hard face to work with

• Like Like x 4
  13. Emerald

Emerald A2 Top Model

Here’s my Bella edit. Most of this is completely unachievable with PS and fillers but I think it really illustrates how flawed her face is compared to S tiers, and also how completely botched her nose job is. I can’t believe there are so many people who actually think her nose looks amazing.

Edit:

8CD2288C-CFDF-4166-8CDE-84B2F8171BA2.jpeg

Original:

0A61DCBB-02DB-4D93-9B1C-14AB7FCA2B48.jpeg

[​IMG]

Have to say her eye color is really stunning though. Central heterochromia is so pretty.

Attached Files:

#13 Emerald, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 17
  14. sxltynights

sxltynights A3 Instamodel

Love your edit! Short philtrum makes such a difference!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Somaliqueen

Somaliqueen C2 avg member

Love your edit! You should post more edits

• Like Like x 3
  16. LesGensSansEspoir

LesGensSansEspoir B2 Prom QUEEN

Lady Gaga

It’s weird — when you think of what Lady Gaga looks like, you tend to imagine something more like the edit than the original! At least my sisters and I do

Gif: [​IMG]

Attached Files:

#16 LesGensSansEspoir, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  17. Emerald

Emerald A2 Top Model

Holy shit is that before picture real? It looks like it’s been taken with a fish eye lens or something

• Like Like x 2
  18. Emerald

Emerald A2 Top Model

thanks!! I def will do

• Like Like x 2
  19. Emerald

Emerald A2 Top Model

Tried editing Kaia Gerber. @sabine and @MyBeautyConsultant mentioned it before but she really does have a difficult face to work with. Her main flaws are her eye and mid face area imo.

BF47DF11-CD7F-4207-B19B-E748CC55FDAD.jpeg

E64D946B-386E-4429-AD0F-63A918D39B7E.jpeg

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  20. LesGensSansEspoir

LesGensSansEspoir B2 Prom QUEEN

I love the subtle changes you made to her cheeks! They definitely are her best feature in the before photo.
    I also find it interesting how the makeup artist put lots of mascara on her lower lash line, emphasising her downturned eyes.

• Like Like x 5