Potential with surgery

Discussion in 'Plastic Surgery Discussion' started by YtKween, Jul 21, 2020.

1. YtKween

YtKween A3 Instamodel

I contemplated starting this thread a few days ago but was hesitant because I didn't want people of lower tiers to be discouraged. MBC stated on an older post that average people can become models too, so long as they have well-proportioned eyes. This made me wonder what other features can be deal-breakers & limiting when it comes to one's potential with plastic surgery. Basically, what is it that seperates an average average person from an average person with a good base & potential to jump 2 tiers (Bella Hadid, Eiza Gonzalez)?

#1 YtKween, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 13
  2. minnie

minnie B2 Prom QUEEN

Oh that sounds like an interesting topic! Do you remember her post where she said that, I'd be interested in reading up on it. (Although I don't have hopes or aspirations to become a model lol)

• Like Like x 3
  3. nostalgias

nostalgias B1 Love Island Babe

I feel like there's a surgery or cosmetic procedure to fix just about everything on your face (besides eyes) nowadays, I feel like perhaps if your nose was too small there would be nothing you could do about it. But other than that fillers and implants can fix any negative feature.

I feel like everyone has the potential to move up a tier but the more cosmetic enhancements you need -> the more "done" you look -> the lower your rating. An example is Sahar Luna, who MBC said would be rated higher if her procedures weren't so obvious looking.

• Like Like x 3
  4. YtKween

YtKween A3 Instamodel

It was an older post with a headshot of Bella Hadid in front of a white background.

5. YtKween

YtKween A3 Instamodel

I see your point! But honestly, some average people I see every day I'm like "I don't know how someone like this could jump to B or A tier", despite them not being ugly whatsoever. I don't mean to sound rude but to me there's just an obvious advantage that comes with certain features, even if the person is pretty average (example: full lips, wider faces, almond eyes). I know what makes a person above average, problem is I can't articulate what makes someone below average.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda A1 Elite Model

I believe it's the bone structure. Both of your examples didn't have much definition to begin with, but they didn't quite have hollows either, like under their eyes. It's easier to get a more natural result by reducing volume and creating definition than it is to add volume into hollows.

• Like Like x 1
  7. YtKween

YtKween A3 Instamodel

I see! Can you pls give an example of a celebrity with hollowness (especially in their eye area) just so I can have an idea?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Purple

Purple S3 VS Angel

I feel if a person had good facial proportions to begin with that responds well to the golden ratio, they can easily ascend.

[​IMG]

Her features weren’t anything special, however she had REALLY good facial proportions.

• Like Like x 3
  9. YtKween

YtKween A3 Instamodel

by proportions are you referring to balanced facial thirds specifically or proportions in general (i.e. short philtrum)? I think Madison's eye & cheek area are pretty elite tbh which makes her stand out

• Like Like x 2
  10. Purple

Purple S3 VS Angel

I believe proportions in general. Madison already had really good proportions to begin with, thus having so much facial potential. I think her eyes and cheeks were definitely good but not A tier, pretty sure that’s the point MBC was trying to demonstrate (although I may be wrong).

In MBC’s highlight story she also said you can be a 9/10 with only 7/10 individual facial features, therefore I imagine already having good proportions (harmony) is the biggest baseline for jumping tiers when getting cosmetic enhancements.

I think having good harmony , average facial features matters a LOT more than just having good features and poor harmony. There are a lot of people who have average eyes, lips, cheekbones etc however are still considered objectively very beautiful from the harmony alone.

Another good example, Natalie Portman.
    [​IMG]

Her individual features aren’t anything special if you take a closer look, however she has a very beautiful face because of how good her harmony and proportions are!

• Like Like x 10
  11. YtKween

YtKween A3 Instamodel

Thank you for elaborating! I definitely agree and this actually reminded me of a girl classmate of mine; she pretty much haloes everyone she stands next to but I can never quite point out why because her features are nothing special to me (she has great face structure though). I'm guessing it's her immaculate facial harmony? She looks just like Natalie too (who's A3 to me)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Esmeralda

Esmeralda A1 Elite Model

I don't recall who it was but someone used Sasha Pivovarova as an example, I'll use her here too.
    787158c534978dcea8c779b5dcd00f78.jpg
    More hollowness:
    5933f01c51ce1beb3837d5e49eda4f3e.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Esmeralda

Esmeralda A1 Elite Model

I'd like to add, in my opinion structural issues are more difficult to change than soft tissue.

• Like Like x 4
  14. YtKween

YtKween A3 Instamodel

I agree tbh. Is it just me or is the undereye area not that important (unless it's severe of course, like in Sasha's case)? It seems like the vast majority of models, let alone people in general, have hollowness there. Even Adriana does, who MBC has said has the best eye area out of all the VS angels. I personally can't even tell if my eyes are hollow because even though they aren't quite as bad as Pivovarova's they do seem to be flat compared to my cheeks. I only recently started to pay attention to this area and I haven't noticed notable differences between people. It seems like not having the undereyes of a smoker is good enough. I don't know if it's just me

15. YtKween

YtKween A3 Instamodel

Example: 700full.jpg dbdd06c32ad7eb62bf1461e355895a4e.jpg DJW2iRWW4AE3sY2.jpg Romee (who has a pretty "full" undereye erea), next to Taylor who MBC said has weak undereyes. There's a minor difference between the two when they're standing right next to each other and it's obviously nowhere near important enough to ruin Taylor's aesthetic. It seems to me like the shape of the undereyes is far more important than hollowness.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Esmeralda

Esmeralda A1 Elite Model

Taylor still has cheek projection despite her under eye support. I think under eye support is a bigger issue when it causes flat cheeks.

• Like Like x 4
  17. balayagebarbie

balayagebarbie A2 Top Model

I think something that really limits one's ability to tier jump with surgery, is one's orthodontia! Not just teeth, but if someone has a recessed maxilla/mandible, is a mouth breather, or has some sort of malformed jaw, then it impacts literally their entire face! Mouth breathing leads to a lack of forward growth, crooked noses, poorly formed cheekbone etc.

For any nerds out there, here is a great podcast with Mike Mew and evolutionary biologist Bret Weinstein who discuss facial deformities, aesthetic issues, and health issues that come with mouth breathing :
    Below are some examples of which I think could be limitations with what surgery could do- the lack of forward growth of the face leads to a cascade of other health issues and aesthetic issues!

recessed_vs_forward_faces_crop_tilted_comments-1.jpg 45524623_2157335394297613_1817246408634269696_o.jpg

http://www.aljabri.com/blog/case-analysis-recessed-versus-forward-faces/
    https://vstrong30.wordpress.com/2018/08/23/secret-to-good-looks-the-mandible/

• Like Like x 5
  18. Juicy Cactus

Juicy Cactus A3 Instamodel

This is a really complex topic as everyone is different and there´s no general answer. I´d say this tho:

For the "lower" tiers like B or C-Tier facial harmony is key. (Ofc its important for S/A-Tiers as well, but they usually have it, at least to a medium-high degree otherwise they wouldn´t be that high. It´s probably impossible to be up there with poor facial harmony). For most people a slight change in our appearence to benefit facial harmony can create big change.

There are lots of factors playing into this:
    - the positioning of your eyes (close or wide set)
    - length of the three thirds
    - balanced individual feature
    - and many more..

Aside from facial harmony there are other things benefiting facial beauty:
    - good bonestructure
    - forward growth
    - good distribution of facial fats and soft tissue

Depending on what you have or not have your potential varies.
    If the positioning of your eyes is harming facial harmony you can´t really do anything with surgery except for make up (think Kaia Gerber). If your midface is too long, adding lip filler can help. If your facial harmony is disturbed by a long philtrum,lip filler is (again) your best friend. If your nose is too big, then there´s rhinoplasty. If your chins too small, there´s chin filler. So these factors in harming your harmony are easy to fix. When having these flaws your potential is greater, bc they´re fixable.

The other factors I mentioned aren´t as easy to fix. You can´t fake non-existent bone definition. Adding cheek filler in order to fake higher cheekbones looks fake (think RHW). If you have a recessed mid-face like Bella you can´t do anything about that (except for mewing as early as possible). Those are things you can´t change. If you have those flaws, your potential isn´t as high. If your chin is recessed you can add chin filler. So that means higher potential.

Fat distribution is another important factor. If you lack cheek protrusion you won´t have as much potential as someone who has (when the rest is the same) bc u can´t really fake it without it looking "done". Facial fat and soft tissue in the right areas are a game changer. (Barbara Palvin doesn´t rly have strong bone definition but her soft tissues and facial harmony is amazing. So she´s an S-Tier)

Example: If somebody with amazing bone structure and good fat distribution, a forward maxilla and wide set, positively tilted eyes has a big nose, a long philtrum, a recessed chin, paperthin lips, mariotte lines, nasolibial folds etc. They would look relatively average. But their potential with surgery is enourmus. They could easily jump 5-6 sub-tiers by getting filler and a rhinoplasty.
    Generally I´d say: The more fixable flaws, the higher potential.

There are so many factors and different combinations but I thought I touch on it slightly. Hope this helped.

#18 Juicy Cactus, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  19. Juicy Cactus

Juicy Cactus A3 Instamodel

This is due to her amazing fat distribution which is very "feminine". Aside from the lower third, the other major difference between her and MacKinnley (her sister) is the soft tissue under the eyes. Both lack under-eye support but Taylor can balance it out with the tissue while her sister can´t resulting in a "worse" eye area.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Chloé

Chloé A2 Top Model

I also think that the most important factor / potential Deal Breaker would be your facial structure. I just don‘t know how someone with a very round and „squished“ face could become higher than B-Tier? :/ like you can always fix a long face with fillers, but extending it sounds very difficult and simply removing fat from your cheek-area could maybe improve but probably not fix the fact that your eyes, mouth and nose are too close together

• Like Like x 3