Rate this Model Megathread

Discussion in 'Aesthetics and Beauty Discussion' started by cashewmilk, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Juicy Cactus

Juicy Cactus A3 Instamodel

Totally! They add a contrast to the darker skin and look more "exotic". That´s what I think is part of the reason why biracial people are so fetishized (is that the right term in this context?)

• Like Like x 5
  2. glossytears

glossytears Moderator
    Staff Member

part of this yeah, esp since a lot don’t turn out like what is anticipated.

yes but non biracial people can have ‘light eyes and etc’.

is adding points for exotic coloring valid? it’s could just be as bad as upholding light hair and eyes like the blonde blur effect..

• Like Like x 2
  3. naikori

naikori B1 Love Island Babe

It is a halo, even though it's rooted in white supremacy and Eurocentric beauty standards. I know POC with lighter eyes (from blue to light brown/hazel) and they wouldn't have that much of a lasting impression without it. An example is Devyn Winkler, she's one of the few Black girls on the app that got popular based off her looks, but her eyes are definitely carrying her; she wouldn't have been as popular if her eyes were brown.
    Her instagram.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is not to say that WOC cannot be beautiful without non-brown eyes, and a WOC having non-brown eyes does not guarantee that they will be more attractive than one with brown eyes. Naomi Campbell was an S tier both with and without her green contacts.
    I think it's important to note that some halos don't work for everybody, blonde hair/blue eyes doesn't fit some people well and I personally find blonde hair/brown eyes more appealing. I know earlier in this thread there was a discussion on how different hair colors affect A celebrities' tiers.

#483 naikori, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  4. goldengirl222

goldengirl222 C2 avg member

What would you rate this model? Her ig is @natasjamadsen F30CC1EB-90E3-4DD1-B78D-AEA777FB0166.jpeg F422CB89-BA1C-4009-835B-7BACC0CF64A3.jpeg

5. Claire Moon

Claire Moon A2 Top Model

A1 borderline S3. She was haloed by S1 / S2 but not very hard so definitely very high A tier.
    I remember I used to find her stunning in 2007/2008 when I used to watch America's Next Top Model. She haloed every single one of the contestants reaaally hard

• Like Like x 4
  6. Claire Moon

Claire Moon A2 Top Model

From these photos her lips look overfilled and her chin and cheeks look a bit too filled too. making her eyes appear smaller. on her instagram photos her lips still look kinda overfilled and slightly imbalanced but she looks alot better
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CCZKO49lKbx/
    in photos where she's smiling you can notice more how overfilled her cheeks are too:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B_fRu9Mlgvr/
    she has amazing eye area and could easily be A tier but there's something about her lips/cheeks throwing me off :/ i think the overfilled look makes me put her in B1 when her face is relaxed and lower when she's smiling.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Naveena

Naveena B1 Love Island Babe

Tyra did a DNA test and she is 79% African so she is not biracial. But the Fetishization still applies.

• Like Like x 4
  8. glossytears

glossytears Moderator
    Staff Member

yes she has the ancestral percentages of the average african american. or a tiny bit even more african ancestry? i believe.

that’s definitely true - there is an inherent eurocentric aspect to it - but say if there wasn’t eurocentric standards - do you believe light eyes would still be desirable? as they serve an aesthetic function with contrast and etc.

• Like Like x 4
  9. miamali

miamali A3 Instamodel

• Like Like x 2
  10. goldengirl222

goldengirl222 C2 avg member

What would you rate this model?
    Her ig is: @elona_lebedeva
    04C95634-4E1E-48CB-B301-227215A86AFB.jpeg 91B60710-44F1-487E-B634-51B46395EC9E.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  11. naikori

naikori B1 Love Island Babe

Honestly, I'm not sure. At first I thought "yes, lighter eyes are seen as more 'attractive' solely because it's more rare to find in POC" but I think that's a naive take since not all uncommon traits are seen as desirable (in modern, conventional terms). It's hard to imagine a world without imperialism and colonialism since it's so rooted in today's society.

• Like Like x 7
  12. miamali

miamali A3 Instamodel

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  13. Catherine Tramell

Catherine Tramell A2 Top Model

S3 I would say. She would look great in a cologne advertisement.

• Like Like x 1
  14. miamali

miamali A3 Instamodel

She comes out of the car at 1.41
    Still, so stunning omg

15. venusbaby

venusbaby B2 Prom QUEEN

I saw this model Megan Puleri on a VS runway and was like 'How tf did she get casted for Victoria's Secret like wtf?' She is definitely a C tier face with a model body. After googling, I'm pretty sure she's one of the VS models who were Epstein/Wexner affiliated. If you look into the epstein case there are loads of references to models for VS being casted through him and his seedy associates. All of his money came from Les Wexner, owner of VS. Wexner's compound in Columbus Ohio was where a lot of shady parties went down and where Epstein victim, Maria Farmer, was held and not allowed to leave and Ghislaine Maxwell stole photos of her underage sister who was also trafficked. Ed Razek was also in Epstein's black book and was at Epstein's mansion.

Anyway this model is also from Columbus Ohio and is clearly not VS material, she has some fairytale story where her mother met Ed Razek at the Columbus VS store and when he saw her photos of her aged 15 he apparently loved her and then a few years later casts her for the show. But it all seems kinda sus, and on tfs people had been questioning how she was casted and calling out how weird things were and then her own mother commented on Thefashionspot about how she was casted with absolutely no special treatment. My theory is that she is one of the models who got their start through the weird stuff going on in the Epstein/wexner parties. There are also a million photos of Epstein front row at VSFS and account of Ghislaine Maxwell telling men there that they just had to point at a model they wanted and that they would be procured.

When these photos are from the same year Taylor Hill was casted, how does C-tier imo Megan Puleri get casted without there being something going on?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 20
  16. venusbaby

venusbaby B2 Prom QUEEN

60s model Donyale Luna - At least S3 for me but like an S1 for her era.
    She sometimes used colour contacts which made her contrast crazy and gave her an even more exotic look but she was incredibly elegant.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  17. Amber V

Amber V B2 Prom QUEEN

OMG her silhouette is unreal. She looks like a statuette.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Wren

Wren B2 Prom QUEEN

What a coincidence—I was just going to make a post about her! She was the first woman of color ever to appear on the cover of Vogue, an actress in arthouse Warhol and Fellini films, and Salvador Dali's muse. Nothing less than S tier, in my opinion!

Some more pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  19. White Cattleya

White Cattleya B3 Pretty Bitch

Some time ago there was a post trying to rate Senait Gidey but it was not possible to do it properly because there weren't many pictures of her with other high Tiers. I found these photos of her with other models that I think will give a better perspective.
    With Luma Grothe
    j-crew-bridesmaid-style5.jpg
    With Ming Xi
    1600281169691_1600281168145_1600281167170_1600279428982837859061.jpg
    With other models.
    16002793713751017701744.jpg uc3XElr.jpg
    In my opinion she is not below S3.
    She has a very particular combination of facial features, she doesn't look particularly high trust like Taylor Hill or low trust like Megan Fox.
    I remember MBC mentioned in a post about Ruby Rose something about high class facial features. I think Senait has a high class appearance, when you see her you don't assume she is a nice girl (like with Taylor) or a mean girl (like with Megan), she looks like she belongs to royalty like she is Nefertiti or someone important, someone from exactly that high class.
    8a661d51-6067-4508-9361-d2c8077b4399_thumb.jpg 6e5d5cc0-c36e-46e1-b074-81948e46763c_thumb.jpg

#499 White Cattleya, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  20. SheDoesn'tEvenGoHere

SheDoesn'tEvenGoHere C1 known member

• Like Like x 2