Rate this Model Megathread

Discussion in 'Aesthetics and Beauty Discussion' started by cashewmilk, Apr 28, 2020.

1. poshspice

poshspice B2 Prom QUEEN

I’d probably place her at a3! She has a great lower third and nice colouring, but somehow she still looks fairly muted? I think she would need a more striking look to get any higher, but I might be reading it wrong.. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  2. YtKween

YtKween A3 Instamodel

My bad :/ I thought you were talking about Ugbad Abdi for some reason??????

• Like Like x 1
  3. Naveena

Naveena A3 Instamodel

Shes very pretty. B1 or A3 for sure. A little too masculine for my taste but beautiful nonetheless.

4. Szoom

Szoom A3 Instamodel

Her eyes are top tier in my opinion, she has a wide palate and amazing facial development.
    I find her way more attractive than Kaia Gerber (certified A3), therefore I think she would be A3 at least.
    I dont personally know somebody this beautiful in real life

• Like Like x 3
  5. Szoom

Szoom A3 Instamodel

She looks so good! Yet a bit too masculine, I would say B1

6. sxltynights

sxltynights A3 Instamodel

the fact that Kaia is A3 is insane tbh I think Kara is around B2/B1 and Kaia is barely B3

• Like Like x 3
  7. Nnikin

Nnikin C2 avg member

I'd be interested to know how you'd rate Frida Gustavsson! She is a swedish model and was in her prime during early 2010s, she looks like a fairy and has a very ethereal look.
    tumblr_mrgecaLEt41so195so1_1280.jpg frida_headshot.jpg 678e3646ff1970eaad71eefb90c45e31.jpg
    7a627453afb333aea508e6a1649175f8.jpg tumblr_nd5ghvcvCU1sabwdxo1_500.jpg
    Frida now
    MV5BY2UyNzY4NDMtY2JlNC00M2U5LTk4NGQtNmEyODUzYTJiN2U4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODIxNjY2MjI@._V1_.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. miamali

miamali A2 Top Model

Wow, A tier for sure

• Like Like x 5
  9. Placebo

Placebo B1 Love Island Babe

• Like Like x 4
  10. Wren

Wren B1 Love Island Babe

For the record, I can't see Kaia as A tier, either, but to suggest that this model is would be laughable—I think she's a solid B2, which is still a very high ranking and seems appropriate for an Instagram/swimsuit model. Her eyes are beautiful, if a bit too close together, and her jaw development is excellent; in addition, she has coloring, sex appeal, and body halo on her side.

However, she also has a long, pointed chin that makes her lower third disproportionately large, and I'm not a huge fan of her nose: it's small and upturned, but the bridge is almost too narrow, resulting in a pinched/slightly botched look and making her eyes seem even more close-set. This is probably down to personal taste, though, since I prefer a slightly less "done" look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moreover, her forehead is far from ideal—it's short, flat, and sloped backwards, which makes her look more masculine from the side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While we're on the topic, I'm also curious about what even constitutes as B tier—it was always my understanding that most people were C or D tiers, and that, outside of cosmopolitan cities and areas where attractive people congregate, B2s-B1s were quite rare and probably the most beautiful people you would ever see in your life. Here on this forum, though, I've also heard people refer to them as "pretty but average" and "nothing special"—so which is it? Perhaps this is the tier with the greatest variance in beauty, with a huge gap between a B3 and B1 (as opposed to, say, a S3 and S1, who would both be blindingly beautiful and whose differences in ranking would be practically imperceptible)? Perhaps my perspective is skewed from living in one of those cities where attractive people are abundant?

• Like Like x 6
  11. Naveena

Naveena A3 Instamodel

12. glossytears

glossytears Moderator
    Staff Member

excellent post tbh! many people want more clarification onto what constitutes b tiers, and what makes them above C tiers? we usually use our intuition, knowledge and personal ideas of facial harmony to judge this but it becomes more subjective at that point. some clarification will be needed soon imo

• Like Like x 8
  13. bodybagbarbie

bodybagbarbie B1 Love Island Babe

thoughts on gao qizhen? i see it for her! i think she's adorable

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] /spoiler]

14. Szoom

Szoom A3 Instamodel

She's so unconventional I really can't tell which tier she belongs to.
    I would LOVE to see her in real life though

• Like Like x 2
  15. Chloé

Chloé A2 Top Model

On this whole B-tier problem:
    B-Tier is indeed a high ranking. However it is not quite „ out of this world beautiful“ but rather „incredibly pretty but still human“ if you get what I mean. But the standards on this forum are insanely high which leads some people, especially new members, to say something like „nothing special, just a B1/B2“. The question is, what people you are comparing to each other. A high B-tier would only look ordinary next someone who is clearly, not borderline, A-tier. However, keeping in mind how rare A-tiers are, this is very unlikely to actually happen irl, so it‘s not really a fair comparison. Defining what makes a B-tier is more difficult as it is like the tier where „really pretty“ meets „beautiful“ but differences in ratings might still occur due to personal taste whereas A-tier and above are all undeniably beautiful, that‘s why I think it is harder to rate. On this forum many people get used to seeing pics of exceptional beauties and are therefore, let‘s say, less appreciative of a B-tier.
    But what I have learned over time on here is that anyone who labels a B1 as „cute but average“ might need to look at the rating system a second time ;) Don‘t forget that most of you have probably never seen a B1 irl, so be kind. Otherwise I fear that it might become a bit toxic for some people and their conception of beauty.

• Like Like x 12
  16. frozenmango

frozenmango Moderator
    Staff Member

What would you guys rate Russian supermodel Natalia Vodianova at her prime? I find her SO beautiful, she’s my definition of an A1 but that’s subjective, and I’m having trouble rating her on an objective scale so would love to know what you all think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. glossytears

glossytears Moderator
    Staff Member

she was rated as a2 or a3 before here i think! i think she’s def a2-a3! she’s absolutely stunning and unique

• Like Like x 6
  18. venusbaby

venusbaby B1 Love Island Babe

People on here are getting carried away with the ranking. I don't think a B2 is terribly uncommon, there's just the fact that plenty of normal B tiers dont have the disposable income or inclination to go through expensive makeup, hair, styling etc. Most of the IG influencers you see who are very popular already come from money and have used that money to buy a social media standing, makeup hair style, fillers and surgery, spend hours photoshopping. Go into the real world and while plenty are C-tiers, unless you truly live in the middle of nowhere, you won't have to wait long to see a B-tier maybe you just dont recognise them because they arent dressed up and arent wearing makeup.

Some posters on here will rate girls wildly due to their personal preference going deep into every flaw just because they don't like them. Or posters who will outright be dismissive of entire ethnicities only to then say 'this thread needs more diversity' and post someone of their own ethnic background.
    I think people are beginning to lose all sense of proportion. Go to the C-tier thread and then go to B-tier and you'll see the difference.

Something to note about C-tier is that they all have noticeable flaws, Nose too big or crooked, asymmetry, negative canthal tilt, chin too big/small, eye area etc. Now they can only have a certain number of these flaws before D-tier, but B-tier flaws can be either more subtle versions of these or - cheeks a bit too full or thin so solved by weight change, same with lips, overall good harmony but not perfect. the flaws aren't as drastic and are more easily fixed.
    Camila Morone was rated S-tier but I dont find her that impressive. Rating every one you dont like poorly isnt going to make them less pretty to a normal person.

Kara Del Toro has the Karlie Kloss thing of a modelesque skull with lack of harmony in the facial features. She's certainly B-tier bc she would halo most of the C-tier thread. I don't love her face but she's not bad looking - she's a model. None of her features are individually that bad some are even nice, but there is a slight lack of harmony and hard faced look about her. She gets her biggest halo from a modelesque skull which is how she is a model, then from her body, colouring, good hair, lips etc.

• Like Like x 14
  19. glossytears

glossytears Moderator
    Staff Member

she is B2 possibly b1 but has clear disharmony for previous reasons mentioned in the thread. she actually is peacocked by her high sex appeal and harmonious styling and coloring.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rabbit

rabbit Moderator
    Staff Member

Some people should probably just go check out MBC's tier highlight again on instagram to familiarise themselves...
    B and C tier is harder to rank than A and S because she talks about them less, and lower tiers have more flaws so there is more variance in how they can look compared to A & S.
    Some people here rate too harsh and some rate too leniently. And definitely most people are rating subjectively based on their personal tastes, but that's hard to avoid. I think the jump in how someone looks between the sub-tiers of C3-B1 is quite big, and much less noticeable once you get to A3. Everyone A3+ is basically a 10/10.

• Like Like x 13