What does "average" look like to you?

Discussion in 'Aesthetics and Beauty Discussion' started by Claire Moon, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Claire Moon

Claire Moon A2 Top Model

Hello, everyone. I wanted to create this thread to discuss what does an average person look like to you and possibly share some examples of FAMOUS people who you consider average. Not eye catching or ugly, just actually average and that could fall into a C3 in the rating system.

I think it would also be useful and nice to share your opinions on how an average person can elevate their looks within their anatomical possibilities(i'm not sure this makes alot of sense, English is not my native language but this is the way I found to express it), whether it's with makeup, cosmetic procedures, etc.

I feel like even in the C tiers thread most examples are still at least slightly above average, which would easily be in-real-life cute. Since MBC's instagram page doesn't showcase even many B tiers, I think sometimes we can have a hard time understanding or recognising what would in real life average be. I see some threads of "overrated celebs" who I 100% agree are not extremely beautiful (in the celebrity world) but also think most of them are still far from in real life average looking.

Rules: no hate and no personal photos! if you share photos of someone you consider average it MUST be a celebrity or someone famous /a public figure in some way.

• Like Like x 12
  2. TheOther

TheOther B3 Pretty Bitch

Great topic! To me Jennifer Lawrence looks completely average, never understood her appeal, honestly. She's a C3 in her natural state but can go up to C2 with tons of makeup when she gets dolled up for red carpet events SAVE_20200821_230824.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  3. Claire Moon

Claire Moon A2 Top Model

I'll start. I think average looking people are hardly considered ugly in real life though and can easily elevate their looks with styling, makeup, and mannerisms(tbh I feel like nice mannerisms can elevate anyone looking person ALOT!) or some "easier" cosmetic procedures like a bit of lipfiller. Usually they don't have prominent or very good bone structure and have a softer and kinda plain look, and when they have more definition they lack facial balance in a way that's noticeable but doesn't make them stand out as well if you know what I mean... I think an average looking person can still have one or some features that are objeticvely good and enhancing or focusing on them can help them elevate their looks more easily. I think a good example of this is post work Rummer Willis.
    [​IMG]
    You can see she has some obvious flaws such as imbalanced thirds(her lower third is still very prominent for her face but I believe she got jaw surgery) long philtrum, vertically long cheekbones although her midface is a bit small for her face... however I think her upper third is actually pretty good. Look at her positive canthal tilt, very little scleral show, brow shape, even her eye support seems good. IMO she has good eye area, and her makeup really emphasizes and compliments that. Not to mention how great her skin looks in this, I really like her styling too. I know alot of people consider her below average but to be honest I think that happens because they compare her to higher tiers. I don't think someone with that eye area could be actually below average. However since the rest of her face isn't so harmonious I think it holds her back from being perceived as objectively pretty.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Claire Moon

Claire Moon A2 Top Model

I totally see where you're coming from and can't get her appeal either :(
    In that photo she does look super plain(i'm pretty sure she has some mascara or eyeliner on though) and has some flaws that are noticeable even when she's all dolled up, but I think she's probably still higher than a c3 because of facial balance/symmetry. I think it's probably like a c1 at her peak and c2 in her natural state.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Amber V

Amber V B2 Prom QUEEN

I think Ellen Page is in C tier though I am not exactly sure which subtier she would be in. She has very cutesy look to her especially in younger days. I feel liker her jawline is a bit too square compared to the top half of her face. Does that makes sense? Like if I saw only her eyes I'd think she would have a more oval or rounder lower third. It wasn't very noticeable when she had baby fat on.
    a43692eb43ad0443ebe726bf35ad1fbb.jpg 4388.jpg ellen-page-8290-1-the-future-of-cinematic-batman.jpg 628931.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Claire Moon

Claire Moon A2 Top Model

I had never noticed how square her lower third is! I agree she's probably in C tier, I think she's probably a c1 though, she is really cute, I think she would stand out in smaller groups of people!

• Like Like x 8
  7. Amber V

Amber V B2 Prom QUEEN

C1 sounds fair! If it wasn't for her square jaw I'm sure she would jump straight into B tier category. I do think she has a non-generic looking face that can catch few looks. Like even if you saw her face once you could still remember and describe it.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Claire Moon

Claire Moon A2 Top Model

I think Cardi B is very average too
    See her next to a photo of Nicki Minaj (whose styling is awful but with a more natural look is easily a B tier and still haloes Cardi even with such bad styling)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think she manages to elevate her look with a glamorous but not over the top makeup style. I think the drag queenish makeup is way too harsh and even though it makes her look different it doesn't look that good :/ Her eyes are pretty narrow but when she "elongates" them with eyeshadow in a subtler way I think she looks really nice. Just look at this next photo
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  9. Amber V

Amber V B2 Prom QUEEN

I think when she's dolled up she can be B3/B2. Or am I being too generous? Anyways I was looking at her pics and it's not smth that I usually notice but she has great hairline! She also looks good both in blond and brunette.
    MV5BOTU3NDE5MDQ4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzE5ODQ3MDI@._V1_.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  10. Purple

Purple S3 VS Angel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  11. TheOther

TheOther B3 Pretty Bitch

110.jpg Renee-Zellweger-Plastic-Surgery-9.jpg Renée Zellweger is very average looking

• Like Like x 12
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Claire Moon

Claire Moon A2 Top Model

good examples. I feel like victoria beckham might be a bit above average though, she seems to have apexed brows, a nice jawline shape (at least from this angle), even facial thirds... defintely nothing very outstanding but I can see her as slightly above average. She comes close to it though. BTW who are the other 2 women? Don't think I have ever seen them before. The last one looks so overfilled :/ especially her lower lip

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. balayagebarbie

balayagebarbie A2 Top Model

maxresdefault.jpg DGbUGpYUAAAH7Gw.jpg alyson-hannigan.jpg maxresdefault-1.jpg Jenna-Fischer-as-Pam-Beesly-Halpert-on-The-Office-Side-Eye.jpg
    Charlie D'amelio, Jenna Marbles, Alyson Hannigan, Emily Head, and Jenna Fischer.

To me, all of these celebs are what I'd classify as average. I don't find any of them particularly attractive nor unattractive. Just neutral. What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 19
  14. balayagebarbie

balayagebarbie A2 Top Model

I think Cardi B is spot on. She's remarkably average. And I think her personality makes her less attractive. I'm sure she's appealing to many, but the way she speaks and carries herself really rubs me the wrong way. I'm not a fan of how vulgar she is. Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 6.48.23 PM.png 09a44d90da4451339c4cafbce88ee8fe_lg.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  15. Purple

Purple S3 VS Angel

You know what... Maybe you’re right actually. She halos everyone from spice girls. She has decent bone structuee and symmetrical face so probably slightly above. Maybe the other girls in the spice girl group are the true definition of average.
    [​IMG]

The other woman is Yara from game of thrones (forgot her name). And Tana montageu.

Tana is so loud and vulgar, I’d probably rank her D tier for my own taste lmaoooooooo. I have no idea how she’s a celebrity.

Btw what is an apex brow?

• Like Like x 5
  16. lolobbyx

lolobbyx B1 Love Island Babe

bailee madison,
    cutesy, nothing that makes her “”ugly”” but nothing that makes her stand out. Looks plain (lots of look alikes so kind of confirms average-ness) easy to the eye. No strong features or bone structures, lots of soft features
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. bodybagbarbie

bodybagbarbie B1 Love Island Babe

am i the only one who's drawn to loud and vulgar personalities like cardi b?? i'd never consider that a bad thing...i actually find it funny and charming lol. tana to a lesser extent because she seems kind of put on/forced

• Like Like x 6
  18. Claire Moon

Claire Moon A2 Top Model

good list! I agree with Jenna Marbles, Alyson and Emily (whom I have no idea who she is lol).
    As for Charlie and Jenna Fischer I think they are cute, in a kinda ordinary way but will still appeal to some people. That's an awful photo of Charlie though. She's the one who MBC rated as c1, right?

• Like Like x 3
  19. Placebo

Placebo B1 Love Island Babe

Maisie Williams. I think MBC talked about her and made a great morph, but I don't remember how she rated her. To me she's definitely average looking. She could easily ascend, though, but I think she doesn't do anything with her appearance for authentic roles SAVE_20200822_022959.jpg SAVE_20200822_022725.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  20. Claire Moon

Claire Moon A2 Top Model

I agree :( her mannerisms are awful. But i think her personality is one of the things that makes her appealing to her fans... but she really is so vulgar to me

• Like Like x 4